Friday, April 16, 2010

Time marches on


Our neighbor gave Lacey some clothes that his older teenage girls had out grown..Lacey seen this purple dress and said she was wearing this next year when the 8th grade goes to Washington(hopefully it fits by then lol) but we definitely had to snap this pic of her and of coarse I had to put a clip in her hair to make it look like an up-do. I just want to know when did this happen? My little girl turn into a young lady next month she will be 13...it's amazing to me how fast those years have went..it's hard to imagine Chris being that old let alone her. I'm still picturing Chris as 10 and bringing home a new baby Lacey from the hospital. I can say I truly know how my parents feel and felt watching their children grow up..the one thing I want to do though is try not to get overly mushy on letting them grow up but instead be happy encouraging on their lives changing and growing into new directions daily. Chris will be 23 in July and will be graduating from the Navy's A School on June 25..and two weeks leave after that, so he will be stationed in a new location on his birthday..what an adventure he will have over these next few years. I can't even put into words how proud I am of him and the accomplishments he has made these last few months ..he is definitely a man now..My babies aren't babies anymore but beautiful special young adults who will grow a little more each day in one way or another for the rest of their lives...and time marches on..:)